Friday, April 3, 2009

Essence of People Long Past...

Most of you would probably agree with me that even after somebody is past, you can sometimes feel them.

I had one of those experiences today.

I was driving home, and happened to look off into the distance for a second... and there it was. I felt my mother. I felt her as if she had never passed, and was sitting next to me.

I used to feel my Father when I was younger, but he's been gone for 20 years now.

My Mother, it's been about 10 years now.

But, this was different.

When you haven't seen somebody for 10 years it feels a certain way. Almost nervous mixed with a tingle of excitement.

This felt like I had just seen her yesterday.

I don't really know what to make of this though.

I know it was a message to me. I know that she wanted me to know that she's close. I just don't know why all of a sudden it would hit me like this, but feel as if it's really no big deal. When everytime I would feel my Father it was like I hadn't seen him for some time.

0 comments: